International Services for Staff and Faculty
The International Relations team can assist internal stakeholders seeking international partnerships or liaising with global stakeholders.
Supporting your international goals
When your academic and research activities extend beyond Canada's borders, the International Relations Team provides the resources you need.
- Facilitate introductions to academic, industry, government and non-government organization
- Provide a roadmap to building strategic partnerships with specific educational, research, and/or service objectives to increase our international presence and impact
- Supply intel around the historical and existing global collaborations among our students, faculty and staff
- Help in identifying and developing partnerships with like-minded entrepreneurial institutions pursuing research in areas that align with our academic and research priorities
- Learn about UCalgary’s current international agreements
- Seek assistance with hosting international visitors and delegations to UCalgary
- Research funding opportunities available to UCalgary faculty and staff
- Advise on various cross-cultural matters, including culturally appropriate gifts, forms or address and country –specific recommendations
Travel and Safety Resources
Have an upcoming trip outside of Canada? Check out our resources below to make sure you have everything you need before you leave, and that you're taking the necessary safety precautions for the country you're going to.
Global Affairs Canada provides a comprehensive list of precautions to take when visiting specific countries.
UCalgary travel briefing
Planning on traveling internationally? Complete and submit this international travel and medical briefing form a minimum of three weeks prior to travel.
Travel risk management
Travel tips and news to prepare the UCalgary community for going abroad.
Government of Canada
Global Affairs Canada offers a detailed resource that provides country specific insights.