Increase diversity of our campus communities.
Improve global and cross-cultural competencies within our campus communities.
Collaborations and partnerships
Enhance opportunities for international collaborations and partnerships in research and education.
Leverage our unique areas of expertise to engage in international development.
Dr. Janaka Ruwanpura now both Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President Research (International)
Effective September 1, 2020, Dr. Janaka Ruwanpura will now serve as both the Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President Research (International), as a dual report to both the Provost and Vice-President (Academic) and Vice-President (Research).
Ruwanpura will be a full member of the Provost’s Team, a strategic member of the Vice-President (Research)’s team participating actively in all matters relating to international research partnerships, and a member of Provost’s International Strategic Committee. He will continue to lead the international team (UCI) on campus.
With overall responsibility for supporting and ensuring implementation of the Global Engagement Plan, the Vice-Provost and AVPR (International) will:
1. Increase the diversity of the campus community
- leading student sponsorship and scholarship development
- supporting international recruitment and admissions; institutional partnerships; and institutional student supports
2. Improve global and intercultural capacity within campus communities
- leading intercultural capacity building
- supporting international learning experiences (ILE); eliminating barriers to ILE; academic and mobility agreements; and fees, funding and scholarships
3. Enhance opportunities for global partnerships
- leading diplomatic and consular corps partnerships
- supporting research and innovation partnerships; global development partnerships; and training and professional development partnerships
With the new priorities through the Global Engagement Plan, the integration with the VPR will be a critical success factor.
Global Community Challenge YYC
An innovative initiative for global learning during a pandemic...