Go beyond admission policies with prospective student advising. Explore program content and structure. Talk about major/minor combinations and online tools. Review your academic history and compare programs to find a good fit.
While prospective students are welcome to attend drop-in hours, we suggest you book a scheduled appointment to ensure there is enough time to provide you with all the information you may need.
How to Book an appointment
- Please call the Student Success Centre at 403-220-5881.
- Request an Academic Advisor, Exploratory Students appointment.
Prospective student advising is right for you if:
- You are currently completing high school and plan to apply to the University of Calgary
- You are currently in another college or university and considering transferring to the University of Calgary
- You have partially completed a degree years ago and would now like to complete it
- You are an adult student considering university for the first time
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Specific questions (we appreciate them)
- Undergraduate degree programs you find interesting (it’s okay if you don’t know)
- A sense of admission requirements if you have programs in mind (you can find that information here)
Already have a degree in mind?
Meet with these advisors first:
- Applying for undergraduate studies: The Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment team can help you understand admission requirements.
- Applying for graduate studies: The graduate program administrator within the department you will apply for can help you understand admission requirements.
- Applying for Open Studies: The admissions team can discuss Open Studies requirements. The Exploratory Team can help you understand your transition into a degree program.
- Are you an international student: We don't offer a pre-evaluation service. If you need help with admissions we recommend speaking with the admissions team to begin.