The Government of Canada has removed most COVID-19 border and travel measures. However, there is a temporary COVID-19 testing requirements for certain travellers.
For more information please visit the COVID 19 Travel Canada website
UCalgary has several campuses. Most students study at the main campus. Main campus is located in Calgary’s northwest quadrant. Our main campus occupies more than 200 hectares – an area larger than the city’s downtown. It's home to the Olympic Oval, the Taylor Family Digital Library, the MacEwan Student Center, many faculty buildings, and more.
Other UCalgary (in Canada) campuses:
- Foothills campus: the heart of health learning and research at UCalgary
- Downtown campus: an intellectual center in the heart of the city
- Spy Hill campus: home to hands-on facilities for UCalgary’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Find out more about other field stations and facilities.
Many UCalgary buildings are connected by covered walkways or hallways that help you avoid having to go outside in the winter months.
Self-guided tours for international students
Check out this helpful guide compiled by an international student leader. It'll help you get acquainted with some campus resources and spaces, and it includes some helpful tips. Use them to guide your independent walk or while you virtually explore campus through Google maps.
Talk with an upper year student
Many international students find it helpful to talk to a current UCalgary student before they start their studies. Consider:
- Connecting with a peer mentor before you start your studies. Mentors can answer questions about campus resources and help explain how to get around. Learn about the International Student Mentorship Program.
- Meeting with a Welcome Centre student advisor virtually. This service is available Aug. 20 to Sept. 4 each weekday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Calgary time). Learn more on the Welcome Centre website.
Virtual and online tours
The UCalgary Recruitment and Admissions team has hosted a few virtual tours. Check them out right from your computer. Visit their virtual Google Map to view buildings, helpful pictures, and 360 degree maps.
They also post Live Tour Videos to the Choose Calgary YouTube page.