International Student Services
International Student Services (ISS) provides advice and programs to support all international students adjusting to studies at the University of Calgary and to life in Canada.
Update for international students planning to come to Canada
IRCC is now allowing International students with a valid study permit or study permit approval to enter Canada. The University of Calgary has received Government approval on our COVID-19 readiness plan and is listed on the approved DLI list.
Please review the website below and the ISS COVID-19 FAQs page before making plans to travel:
- IRCC - Study Permit: COVID-19 program delivery
- IRCC - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, temporary workers and students
- IRCC - Minister Mendicino announces changes to facilitate online learning for international students
- IRCC - Facilitative measures to support international students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- IRCC - Update on travel restriction exemptions for international students
- IRCC - Government of Canada announces further measures to support international students
If you plan to travel to Canada during the winter 2021 term, make sure you understand the quarantine requirements you will need to follow.
Important information on visas, study permits and work permits.
From arriving at the Calgary International Airport to setting up a Canadian Bank Account, we have resources to assist you!
Our programs and events are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of international students.
A wide range of support is available to all UCalgary International students.