The Government of Canada has removed most COVID-19 border and travel measures. However, there is a temporary COVID-19 testing requirements for certain travellers.
For more information please visit the COVID 19 Travel Canada website
About USpeak Global Program
When you submit your application, you'll be matched with one or two partners who a) speak a language that you want to practice and improve and b) are interested in learning a language you know. You'll have the chance to:
- Practice and improve your skills in the language of your choice with the support of your partner(s)
- Help your match practice and improve their skills in their language of choice by providing ongoing feedback and guidance
- Meet other students on campus who are interested in sharing and learning languages
- Gain credit on your co-curricular record (CCR)
- Meet with your match at least once a week during the semester (meetings can be held in-person or online)
- Attend the new participant training session at the start of the semester
- Submit mid-semester and end-of-semester progress reports
- Complete ongoing goal-setting and reflection activities to track your learning
If you have questions about the program, email email@example.com.
Interested in participating? Applications for Winter2023 are closed
The UCalgary and Calgary community has resources, events, and programs for language learning, practice, and sharing.
After you submit your application
If we're able to find you a match, you'll receive an email letting you know that a match has been found. You and your match will be introduced over email in mid-September and you'll each be invited to the new participant training session. Once you've been introduced to your match, it's up to the two of you to set a regular time to meet.
Please note that we can't guarantee all applicants who apply will be matched. Matches are based on who applies and which languages are available in the applicant pool. If we're not able to match you, we'll send you an email letting you know.