USpeak Global Program
USpeak Global is a language sharing program that is open to all UCalgary international and Canadian students. If you are studying a language, have a general interest in languages, or if you enjoy helping others develop their own language skills, this program is for you!
When you register, you will be matched with a partner who (a) speaks a language that you want to practice and improve and (b) is interested in learning a language you know. In pairs, you will have the chance to:
- Practice and improve your skills in the language of your choice with the support of your partner
- Help your match practice and improve their skills in their language of choice by providing ongoing feedback and guidance
- Meet other students on campus who are interested in sharing and learning languages
- Gain credit on your co-curricular record (CCR)
- Meet with your match at least once a week during the semester (meetings must be on campus)
- Attend the new participant training session at the start of the semester
- Submit mid-semester and end-of-semester progress reports
If you have any additional questions about the program, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Applications for winter 2020 are closed. Applications will re-open in August for the fall 2020 semester. Check back soon!
If we are able to find you a match, you will receive an email letting you know that a match has been found. You and your match will be introduced over email in mid-January and you will each be invited to the new participant training session. Once you have been introduced to your match, it is up to the two of you to set a regular time to meet.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that all applicants who apply will be matched. Matches are based on who applies and what languages are available in the applicant pool. If we are not able to match you, we will send you an email letting you know.