Are you an incoming student? Apply for NICE Campus Experience!
Neurodiversity Immersive Campus Experience (NICE) is a free UCalgary initiative to help incoming first-year undergraduate students who self-identify as neurodiverse. From Aug. 28 – 29, 2023, this experience provides students with a supportive environment in their transition from high school to university.
Neurodiversity Support Advising Drop-in Appointments Available Beginning Feb. 21
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 - 3 p.m.- First come, first served.
Where: Neurodiversity Support Office - MSC 450A
Who will I meet: Neurodiversity Support Advisor – Kirstin Kot (she/her)
- Find positive ways to cope
- Improve personal functioning
- Enhance your strengths
- Increase confidence
- Discuss neurodiversity/ask questions
- Make general improvements to your well-being
- Navigate systems on- and off-campus
- Access culturally relevant wellness supports
- Access information on healthy relationships
- Access information on self care, including personal hygiene
Procedures for Drop-in Advising:
- Office door will close for drop-in if no one has arrived by 2:30 p.m. If office door is closed, appointment time has been filled
- Students cannot use the drop-in space more than once in a week
- Please bring student UCID number
The Neurodiversity Support Advisor (NSA) can help students accessing student wellness support and support students on the autism spectrum, including navigating on and off campus resources.
- The NSA provides support to students on the Autism Spectrum as well as students without a documented diagnosis. We will never ask you to disclose or prove your diagnosis.
- If you have been diagnosed with a disability (with or without documentation), please visit Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for more information on services and supports related to accomodations.
There is no cost to access services provided by the NSA or any medical or mental health support provided at Student Wellness Services.
There are two Neurodiversity Support Advisors working within Student Wellness Services.
Kirstin Kot (she/her) - firstname.lastname@example.org and Jess Lopez (they/them) email@example.com.
You are not required to bring anything to your appointment, however your UCID card may be helpful if you would like to access additional services discussed in your appointment.
You will receive an email from Student Wellness Services requesting the completion of intake forms prior to your virtual or in-person appointment.