SU Mental Health Award
The SU Mental Health Award was created to recognize undergraduate students who are advocates for mental health and wellness, stigma reduction and improving the dialogue about mental illness with compassion and empathy.
A Quality Money project, brought to you by your Students’ Union.
Number of awards: up to 4
Deadline to apply: March 5, 2021
- Offered to an undergraduate student in any faculty registered full-time at the University of Calgary
- Academic merit, minimum GPA of 2.60
- Activities demonstrating commitment in the areas of mental health awareness, stigma reduction, and advocacy
Applicants must include:
- A resume highlighting leadership, innovation, and excellence in advocacy efforts related to the area of mental health
- An essay describing in detail the results achieved and impact of their leadership, commitment, and advocacy efforts in the area of mental health. Applicants should reference any relevant personal stories of lived experience with mental health struggles and/or information that connects to how they have helped and supported others with their mental health (1,000 word maximum)
- A statement explaining the nature of their financial need and if this need is connected to their own mental health struggles or as a result of supporting others
Application content is considered confidential. Review of applicants by the selection committee will ensure personal identifying information within applications is not shared.
Ready to apply? Fill out the form below.
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact the Office of Advancement at email@example.com