Health promotion and outreach Team
Contact the Health Promotion Team to help plan your next health and wellness event on campus, get advice on public health topics, or to facilitate specialized training for your club, department, or unit.
Your on-campus public health specialists
Health promotion empowers people to take control over and improve their health through education and advocacy.
If you're hosting a health and wellness event or training on campus, get in contact the Health Promotion Team. We can help you in the planning process, making sure your event or initiative is as impactful as possible.
Our team has expertise in community building, health policy, mental health training and wellness event planning.
Volunteer with the Health Promotion and Outreach Team
We are currently accepting the following peer helper positions for fall 2022.
- Wellness & Health Awareness Team (W.H.A.T.)
The application deadline is Tuesday, Sept. 6, 3 p.m.
- Wellness Classroom Visits Peer Helper
The application deadline is Monday, Sept. 12, 3 p.m.
Peer helper positions at the Student Wellness Services are:
- Recognized by the university’s Co-Curricular Record
- Filled twice yearly for the fall and winter semesters
- A competitive student leadership volunteer opportunity open to all UCalgary students
Learn more about the initiatives we support and trainings we offer on campus.