Awards, Distinctions, and Fellowships
- 2014 SSE Excellence in Teaching Award - Common Core (for ENEE503)
- 2012 Nominee for the GSA Supervisory Excellence Award
- 2011 Nominee for Student Union Teaching Excellence Award
- Journal of Environmental Science and Technology – Best Policy Paper of 2005 Award
- CMU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering 2005 Outstanding Teacher Assistant Award
- Member of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department Search Committee (1 position), 2008.
- Member of CEERE’s APC Committee, 2008-2009.
- Member of SSE High School Liaison/Student Recruitment Committee, 2009 – present.
- Member of Energy and Environmental Systems Group Curriculum Development Committee, 2009 – 2010.
- Member of Energy and Environmental Systems Group New Faculty Hire Committee (5 positions), 2009.
- Member of ISEEE-HSB joint-hire search committee, 2010.
- Member of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department Merit Committee 2009 – present.
- Co-chair (1) and Member (4) of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department Faculty Search Committees (5 positions), 2011 – present.
- Member of ISEEE Graduate Studies Committee, 2011 – present.
- Member of ISEEE Program Development Director Hiring Committee, 2011.
- Member of Civil Engineering Search Committee (2 positions), 2012-2013.
- Member of ISEEE Postdoctoral Fellow Hiring Committee (5 positions), 2012.
- Member of URGC Research Grants Committee, 2011 – 2013.
- Member of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department Graduate Studies Committee. 2013- present.
- Member of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department Research Committee. 2013 – present.
- Treasurer of the International Society of Industrial Ecologists. 2007–2009.
- Project Advisory Committee Member for AERI Studies on Life Cycle Assessment of Crude Oil. 2008 – 2009.
- Member of Alberta Environment’s Specified Gas Emitters Cogeneration Working Group. 2010.
- Member of California Air and Resources Board Crude Oil Screening Working Group. 2010.
- Member of Research Advisory Board – Canadian Energy Research Institute, 2011 – present.
- Member of External Advisory Board – Enbridge Centre for Corporate Sustainability, 2012 – present.
- LNG Canada (run by Shell Canada) Independent Review Panel Member and Technical Advisor to study titled “A well-to-wire assessment of BC LNG: Comparison with power generation from coal and other LNG sources”. 2013 – present.
- Member of the Council of Canadian Academies Expert Panel on the Potential for New and Emerging Technologies to Reduce the Environmental Impacts of Oil Sands Development. 2013 – present.
- Member of Environment Canada and Natural Resource Canada’s Expert Advisory Panel for Project Proposal and Terms of Reference for External Expertise of Project Titled “Development of a Framework for Evaluation of Environmental Performance from all Electricity Sources, phase 1: Biomass. 2013 – present.
ISIE – International Society of Industrial Ecology
Affiliate Member of the Sloan Industry Studies Program
Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering
Society for Risk Analysis
Environmental Science and Technology, Journal of Infrastructure Systems, Proceedings of the IEEE, Journal of Environmental Informatics, Energy Policy and Environmental Research Letters
Reviewer of NSERC CRD, CREATE and Discovery Grants.
To keep policy makers informed about her research, Bergerson participated in “The Science of Canada’s Oil Sands Science Kiosk,” held in Ottawa in February 2012. This event, co-hosted by the Senate of Canada and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, was “to inform parliamentarians about the research going on in Canada to understand and reduce the impact of oil sands development on human and environmental health.”