Mayank has an interdisciplinary background in Chemical and Environmental Engineering with broad research skill sets in the area of energy and environmental modeling, techno-economic and life-cycle assessments. Besides, he has experience developing air emission inventories of greenhouse gases and criteria air contaminants and identifying the cost-effective, high-impact emission reduction opportunities across the life-cycle of the integrated oil and natural gas systems. His current work focuses on investigating the systems-level analysis of energy technologies in petroleum refining operations.
PhD Energy and Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta
Master’s Biochemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India
· Kumar M., Oyedun A.O., Kumar A., Biohydrogen production from bio-oil via hydrothermal liquefaction. In: Biofuels. Elsevier Inc., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2019, pp. 715-732.
· Kumar M., Oyedun A.O., Kumar A., A comparative techno-economic analysis of algal thermochemical conversion technologies for diluent production, Energy Technology, 2019, 1900828.
· Kumar M., Oyedun A.O., Kumar A., A comparative analysis of hydrogen production from the thermochemical conversion of algal biomass, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2019, 44 (21): 10384-10397.
· Kumar M., Oyedun A.O., Kumar A., Hydrothermal liquefaction of biomass for production of diluents for bitumen transport, Biofuels, Bioproducts and Biorefining 11 (5) (2017) 811-829.
· Kumar M., Oyedun A.O., Kumar A., A review on the current status of various hydrothermal technologies on biomass feedstock, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 81 (2018) 1742-1770.
· Pankratz S., Kumar M., Oyedun A.O., Gemechu E., Kumar A., Environmental performances of diluents and hydrogen production pathways from microalgae in cold climates: open raceway ponds and photobioreactors coupled with thermochemical conversion, Algal Research, 2020, 47: 101815.
· Nogueira Jr E., Kumar M., Pankratz S., Oyedun A.O., Kumar A., Development of life cycle water footprint for the production of fuels and chemicals from algae biomass, Water Research, 2018, 140: 311-322.
· Ghatora S., Kumar M., Vaezi M., Kumar A., Bressler D., Monitoring sugar release during pipeline hydro-transport of wheat straw, Biomass and Bioenergy 93 (2016) 144-149.
· Oyedun A.O., Patel M., Kumar M., Kumar A., Upgrading of bio-oil via hydrodeoxygenation. In: Brown R (ed.). Chemical Catalysts for Biomass Upgrading. Wiley-VCH, 2019, 715-732.
Contact and Links