iRadio Lab is currently recruiting highly qualified and motivated M.Sc. and Ph.D. students, and post-doc researchers to conduct research activities in the following areas:
- RF Transceivers Design,
- Digital Signal Processing,
- Advanced Power Amplifiers Architectures,
- AI-Augmented RF Radio Circuits, and
- Radio-over-Fiber systems.
Successful applicants will be awarded a fellowship throughout their study period*, and those joining with existing scholarships will be offered a complement to their scholarships.
We are looking for the skills listed below, please note that it is not a condition to meet all these skills, however, demonstrating a strong background in multiple domains is highly appreciated.
- Radio-over-Fiber (RoF) systems.
- Microwave and millimeter-wave solid-state devices and integrated circuits.
- Nonlinear and linear RF circuits and systems characterization and behavioral modeling.
- Automated RF and microwave measurement and instrumentation.
- Design of high power and spectrum efficient linear RF amplifiers (Doherty, LINC, EER, etc.)
- Power amplifier linearization techniques (Baseband and RF Digital Predistortion, Feedforward)
- Software reconfigurable transceiver for 5G and beyond wireless communication (Software Defined Radio RF Transceivers)
- Hybrid Radio Frequency and Digital Signal Processing (RF/DSP) design of wireless communication transmitters.
- Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) transceiver schemes.
- MMIC and RFIC design of RF front-ends for mm-wave applications.
- Design of RF transceivers and links for BVLOS communications using wireless or satellites networks.
The successful candidates will work in a state-of-the-art lab facility in collaboration with a team of experienced graduate students, researchers, and leading international industry partners. They will have the opportunity to do internships and work with some of the most prestigious companies through and after their graduation. Many of our alumni work in the following companies: Apple, Analog Devices, Huawei, Qualcomm, QORVO, Eriksson, Texas Instruments, etc.
Potential candidates can submit their applications electronically through our website. They must prepare an academic resume highlighting their education, relevant experience, skills, and list of publications. Please note that due to the large volume of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*Subject to University of Calgary's Faculty of Graduate Studies terms and conditions.
Collection of personal information
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please visit our Access to Information page.