Experiencing sexual or gender-based violence?
- If you, or anyone you know, is in immediate danger, call 911.
- Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Support at UCalgary: This team can connect you with services, inform you of your rights, talk through your options, or just listen. Learn more.
- Alberta's One Line: Call or text 1-866-403-8000 for advice and support regarding experiences of sexual violence.
- Family Violence Helpline: 24/7 support: 403-234-7233, toll-free: 1-866-606-7233
- The Awo Taan Emergency Shelter: 24/7 crisis line: 403-531-1972 or 403-531-1976
- Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse: Call 403-237-5888 for support and information.
Concerned about substance abuse and addiction?
- UCalgary recovery community (UCRC): The UCRC is an inclusive, peer-driven space that supports all pathways to recovery, building commmunity and reducing stigma on campus. Connect to events and peer suppor, learn more.
- Alberta Health Services Addiction Helpline: Call 1-866-332-2322 for advice and service referral for adults and youth requiring addiction support, translation services available. Available 24 hours.
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Find an online meeting.
- Al-Anon: Find an online meeting, or contact Calgary Al-Anon Information Service by calling 403-266-5850. Available 24 hours.
More campus resources
UCalgary provides a variety of mental health supports to maintain connection with our community.