Nominate colleagues in student (undergraduate and graduate), faculty and postdoctoral fellows, staff or team categories for their contributions toward advancing equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility at UCalgary
Celebrating inspiring students, faculty, postdoctoral scholars, staff and collaborative teams working to advance a more accessible, equitable, diverse, and inclusive university. The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (OEDI) is pleased to announce the institutional call for nominations to recognize the transformative efforts by University of Calgary students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, postdoctoral fellows, staff, and teams. The annual awards aim to recognize and appreciate the passion, dedication and campus engagement by individuals and teams to promote and commit to equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility in teaching and learning, research and scholarship, community engagement, and living and working environments.
The EDI Awards recognize outstanding achievement in practice, events, applied research, policy, programs, or other activities that foster equitable, sustainable and measurable change, especially for those who traditionally have been under-represented (women, visible/racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+) on campus. The Awards recognize ongoing work or an outstanding accomplishment at a point in time.
Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- A faculty strategic plan and action program that embeds a commitment to the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- An ongoing action, initiative, or program that helps students from an under-represented group feel welcome and included;
- A tool or practice that provides accommodations for an equity-seeking group e.g. increased accessibility for people with disabilities, or is designed to address racism;
- An initiative or action aiming at adapting or changing procedures, policies, or practices to make them fair or more inclusive;
- Fostering inclusive excellence in achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion goals;
- Exemplifying leadership in fostering an inclusive campus.