Nominate a student
To nominate a student, you will need to submit a nomination package. This includes:
- obtaining the consent of the student whose name you are putting forward
- completing a rationale for the nomination
- submitting three supporting letters (including the primary letter of support)
The nomination package is submitted through the online nomination form, which includes a place to upload the three letters of support.
The nomination form will be available on this page once nominations for 2022 open on January 1, 2022.
To qualify as a nominator, you must:
- be a current faculty member, staff member or student at the University of Calgary (Please note that a student cannot serve as their own nominator)
- not be a family member or close friend of the nominee
- use an @ucalgary.ca email address
Note: Each nominee should have only one nominator.
Letters of Support criteria
- The nominator must submit the primary letter of support
- One letter must be from a University of Calgary faculty member (this condition is satisfied if the nominator is also a faculty member)
- Secondary support letters may be from faculty, staff, students or community members
- Letters from family members and close friends cannot be accepted