Nominate a student
To nominate a student, you will need to submit a nomination package. This includes:
- obtaining the consent of the student whose name you are putting forward
- completing a rationale for the nomination
- submitting a primary letter of support, and coordinating the submission of two more secondary supporting letters. Letters of support cannot exceed two pages in length.
The nomination package is submitted through the online nomination form, which includes a place to upload the primary letter of support. The letter writers of the secondary supporting letters can directly submit their letters online using the same online nomination form.
The nomination form will be available on this page once nominations for 2024 open on January 1, 2024
To qualify as a nominator, you must:
- be a current faculty member, staff member or student at the University of Calgary (Please note that a student cannot serve as their own nominator)
- not be a family member or close friend of the nominee
- use an @ucalgary.ca email address
Note: Each nominee should have only one nominator.
Letters of Support criteria
- The nominator must submit the primary letter of support
- One letter must be from a University of Calgary faculty member (this condition is satisfied if the nominator is also a faculty member)
- Secondary support letters may be from faculty, staff, students or community members
- Letters from family members and close friends cannot be accepted
Student eligibility criteria
Is the student you want to nominate eligible for the award?