Photography and memorabilia
The Artona Group Inc. is the official graduation photographer of the University of Calgary.
Selfie and family photo locations
Are you wondering where to take photos before or after the Convocation ceremony? Here are some suggestions.
- University of Calgary sign next to the arch. What better way to showcase “you did it!” than to get a photo in your convocation gown next to the official entrance to campus.
- Green spaces around the Olympic Oval and TFDL Quad. Looking for a shady spot under a tree for a family photo? There is a lot of green space around the Oval and in the TFDL Quad (bordered by Kinesiology, MacEwan Student Centre and Taylor Family Digital Library).
- Kinesiology’s dinosaur. Take a moment to snap a fun photo with our dinosaur outside the entrance to Kinesiology. Rex would want you to do it!
- Olympic Arch. Just outside Kinesiology, it provides the perfect frame for a group shot.
- The Spire. Many families have taken photos outside of the Olympic Oval under this public art from the 1988 Calgary Olympics.