Dec. 13, 2021
Treat yourself to some bite-sized learning for the holidays
Take a moment in the hustle and bustle this holiday season to invest in your own development with the 12 Days of Learning Challenge created in partnership between UCalgary’s Talent Development and LinkedIn Learning. Until Dec. 16, we are offering small, bite-sized chunks of its most popular courses from 2021. Similar to last year’s challenge, each item takes less than five minutes to complete, and is a fun and easy way to kick-start an easy tradition to learn something new before the holidays.
“We encourage our faculty and staff to take advantage of this great opportunity to learn key highlights from some of LinkedIn’s top courses this year and discover courses they may not otherwise have come across,” says Heather Burns, senior consultant with Talent Development. “You can complete them at your own pace, but I like to use them as a reminder to stop and take a couple of minutes for myself every day.”
How you can participate:
- Create your free LinkedIn Learning account (if you don’t have one already).
- Complete each day’s short learning activity (less than five minutes each!).
- Let us know what your biggest takeaway is by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (optional).
Topics this year include:
- The Building Blocks of Self-Motivation
- Rethinking Connection in the Virtual Workplace
- Be an Ally
- Using Inclusive Language
- Take Control of Your Life with One Simple Habit
- Reflection and Mindfulness
- And many more (check out the full list here)
Visit UCalgary’s LinkedIn Learning website to find out more.