Oct. 25, 2019
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award nominations now open
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate by Dec. 2
Diversity, equity and inclusion are an important part of campus culture. The University of Calgary is excited to acknowledge the efforts of those who are taking steps toward creating a welcoming campus for all in our learning, teaching, living and work environments by opening nominations for the UCalgary Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Awards.
The awards recognize all students, faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars for outstanding individual or group initiatives. The 2020 awards will be in four categories: students, faculty, staff (AUPE and MaPS) and one team award.
The Diversity Awards are looking for outstanding achievement in a practice, event, applied research, policy, program or other activity that fosters sustainable and measurable change for any group traditionally under-represented on campus. It can be ongoing work, or a point in time.
- A faculty strategic plan that recognizes the importance of diversity and inclusion
- An ongoing event that helps students from an under-represented group feel welcome and included
- A tool or practice that increases accessibility for people with disabilities
- Adapting or changing procedures, policies or practices to make them fair or more inclusive
- Fostering excellence in achieving diversity, equity and inclusion goals
- Exemplifying leadership in fostering an inclusive campus
Nominations are open until Dec. 2, 2019. More information about the eligibility criteria and the nomination form can be found on the ODEPD website. You can also read about last year’s winners on the website.