Welcome to Earth Observation for Environment Laboratory
Dr. Quazi K. Hassan, PEng.
Professor, Dept. of Geomatics Engineering
Schulich School of Engineering
University of Calgary
2500 University Dr. NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Ph: +1-403-210-9494; Fax: +1-403-284-1980
The Earth Observation for Environment Laboratory is part of the Department of Geomatics Engineering and Centre for Environmental Engineering Research and Education in the Schulich School of Engineering. The lab leads cutting edge research in addressing environmental issues by integrating remote sensing, GIS, and modelling techniques. It is led by Dr. Quazi K. Hassan, who also serves the following:
Peer-reviewed Journal Editorial Board
- Editorial Board Member: Earth (MDPI) (2020 – till to date)
- Associate Editor: Royal Society Open Science (The Royal Society) (2019 – till to date)
- Editorial Board Member: Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group) (2016 – till to date)
- Editorial Board Member: Remote Sensing (MDPI) (2016 – till to date)
- Editor: Cogent Environmental Science (2015 – 2018)
- Academic Editor: PLoS One (2014 – 2016)
- Associate Editor: Journal of Applied Remote Sensing (2014 – 2016)
Guest Editorship in Special Issues
- Hassan, Q.K., and Dewan, A. 2019-2020. Special Issue "Environmental Modelling and Remote Sensing" in Remote Sensing.
- Hassan, Q.K., and Dewan, A. 2019-2020. Special Issue "Droughts and Floods Assessment and Monitoring Using Remote Sensing and Geospatial Techniques"in Water.
- Hassan, Q.K., and Petropoulos, G. 2017-2019. Special Issue "Remote Sensing of Wildfire" in Remote Sensing.
- Board Director: Canadian Risk and Hazards Network (2015 – 2016)