Student advisors at Writing Symbols Lodge provide assistance with holistic academic advising, connections to university-wide resources, and links to useful online tools.
Academic advising is available to Indigenous students through Writing Symbols Lodge and the Student Success Centre.
Writing Symbols Lodge provides advising and assistance for the following:
- General program advising
- Course registration
- Navigation in D2L, Academic Requirements (AR) and MyUofC
- Academic processes and calendar information
- Financial needs
- Orientation events
- Arts advising is offered in MSC 394 from 10 a.m. – noon on Wednesdays
- One-on-one career advising is being provided in MSC 394 from 10:30 a.m. – noon on Thursdays
- You can also explore additional Indigenous career services here
- Peer tutoring and remedial services are available upon request.
- Writing Symbols Lodge Library Resource Guide is another online resource for students.
- Library research support is available.
- Writing supports are available in MSC 392B from 12:30 – 4 p.m. on Thursday.