Nov. 27, 2019
Nominations open for 2020 University of Calgary Internationalization Achievement Awards
Recognize champions for outstanding contributions in internationalization by Jan. 2
- Editor's note: The University of Calgary Internationalization Achievement Awards have been postponed until 2021. Next year, UCalgary International will consider nominations from a two-year period, and will celebrate the accomplishments of the recipients at an event in the spring. The nominations received for 2020 will be held by UCalgary International and will remain valid next year for the 2021 awards, including all standing nominations from 2019.
The University of Calgary Internationalization Achievement Awards recognize and celebrate the outstanding contributions of students, faculty, staff and community members in progressing our institutional commitment to excellence in internationalization. UCalgary derives great strength from our global partnerships, exchanges and development efforts. Internationalization has brought a diversity of ideas, education, cultures and talent to the UCalgary campus.
Six award categories are available to recognize the impact made by individuals toward reaching the goals of our International Strategy:
- International Program Award (one award)
- Community Member Award (one award)
- Academic Staff Awards (two awards)
- Staff Awards (two awards)
- Student Awards (four awards)
- Career Achievement Award (two awards)
The following criteria will be used to determine the eligibility of those nominated:
- Increasing diversity of our campus communities
- Improving global and cross-cultural competencies within our campus communities
- Enhancing opportunities for international collaborations and partnerships in research and education
- Leveraging our unique areas of expertise to engage in international development
The awards will be presented at the Internationalization Achievement Awards celebration event in April 2020.