Dec. 21, 2020
Enrolment checklist for January
It can be tough to get back into the rhythm of school after the December break. Get the right start to the new year by adding these important items to your to-do list.
- Check your registration
- Make sure to check your class registration and your program requirements.
- Use the Academic Requirements tool. To find out more about this handy resource, Enrolment Services has more information here.
- Meet with an advisor in your faculty.
- Make note of these important dates:
- Last day to drop a class without financial penalty: Thursday, January 21
- Last day to add or swap a course: Friday, January 22
- Last day to withdraw from a course: Thursday, April 15
- Pay your tuition
- Tuition is due by Friday, January 29 for the winter semester.
- Check out this helpful guide for paying your tuition and fees.
- Apply for awards
- Start on your applications early.
- Request reference letters with plenty of lead time.
- Review and search for awards through the UCalgary database.
- Check award deadlines and note them in your calendar.
- Check your student loan status
- You can see the status of your loan through your student centre (my.ucalgary.ca) under My Financials. If there are any errors related to your loan, they will show up under the Government Student Aid section.
- If you are returning to school, you may have the option to extend your interest-free period. Make sure you’ve submitted your confirmation of enrolment through the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) website.
- Apply for winter conferral
- If you are planning to graduate this fall, make sure you apply to graduate by Friday, January 15. To make this process easier, Enrolment Services has a convocation checklist.