Host an Information Session
Seeking a more focused way to promote your organization and network with students? An information session allows you to highlight your corporate culture, promote your brand and make your organization stand out from the competition.
Go virtual with us!
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, Career Services has made the important decision to cease on-campus events until further notice. However, we recognize that facilitating connections between students and employers is a crucial element of our student's career development.
If you're looking to connect with students who may not be on campus, we recommend hosting a virtual information session. Running 90 minutes long, these sessions engage students over Zoom using guided breakout sessions, interactive polls and active chat panels.
We recommend that you have at least one staff for every 10 students attending, to help facilitate breakout sessions and respond to student questions in the chat panel.
Book a virtual information session: $350
Marketing package only: Free (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
We'll take care of the details, so you can focus on delivery
- Sessions are hosted using UCalgary's online meeting/webinar platform, Zoom
- We provide an employer event guide with tips and ideas to help keep your session engaging
- Sessions are posted on CareerLink for students to register, allowing our Employer Relations Specialist to provide you accurate registration numbers and attendee information
- Information sessions are promoted via student newsletters, social media and other online channels
- Looking to target a specific student group or faculty? We make every effort to promote your session on targeted channels
- Day-of support is provided by Career Services staff to help your online event run smoothly
- A list of students attended will be provided within five business days following the event
Information sessions must be requested at least 20 business days prior to your preferred event date. This is a mandatory requirement for all employer information session requests to ensure Career Services is able to plan and market the event accordingly.
We cannot guarantee a specific level of attendance. Students are asked to register online in advance, but drop-in attendance is welcomed.
By connecting directly with the team from Career Services we were able to work with them on a few career fairs and employer networking sessions which were very successful. If you are an organization looking for networking, career fair, job board etc. than Career services is your best choice in the community and beyond.
Mutual Funds Representative | Royal Mutual Funds Inc.