If you have been diagnosed with a disability and have a copy of your documentation:
- Please bring in, email, or fax your documentation.
- For a diagnosis of ADHD: we require a copy of your psychoeducational assessment, or please have your physician, psychologist or psychiatrist fill out the SAS Verification form.
- For a diagnosis of a Learning Disability: we require a copy of your psychoeducational assessment.
- For a medical disability: we require a letter from your physician or the SAS Verification form filled out.
- For a mental health disorder: we require a letter from your psychologist or psychiatrist, or you can have them fill out the SAS Verification form.
- The SAS Verification Form is available in our office or can be requested via email.
- Please bring in, email or fax a copy of our Registration form.
- Once we receive this form, and your documentation, we will book you in with an Access Advisor. Your advisor will review your accommodations and discuss possible supports.
If you have been diagnosed with a disability but do not have a copy of your documentation:
- Please bring in, email, or fax a copy of our Registration form.
- Request that a copy of your documentation from your medical professional or previous institution be sent to you. Next, forward your completed Registration and Consent form and documentation to Accessibility Services. You may drop your forms off at our office in MSC 452, email them to us at email@example.com, or fax them to 403-210-1063.
- Once we have received your documentation, we will contact you to book an appointment with an Access Advisor. Your advisor will review your accommodations and discuss possible supports.
If you have not been diagnosed with a disability but are experiencing significant challenges in your school and/or daily life:
- Please visit our office to discuss your challenges - we will work with you on determining how we can assist, or whether there is a more appropriate service on campus for addressing your challenges.
- If our service is appropriate, an appointment with an advisor will be booked for you, at which you can further discuss your concerns. You may be asked to complete some paperwork designed to identify/clarify areas of concern.
A couple things to note...
- Our services are of no cost to you.
- Our services are private and confidential, and therefore will not show up on your transcripts.