There have been five positive COVID-19 case on campus in the last 14 days.
Last updated: Oct. 22, 2020, 5 p.m.
COVID-19 positive cases
A positive COVID-19 case in a building means that an individual either worked, attended class or otherwise spent a significant amount of time in this building. One case might span more than one building.
The following actions are taken when there are positive cases on campus :
- Areas occupied by the individual during infectious period were contained, cleaned and disinfected
- Contact tracing was conducted by AHS with support from the University and anyone determined to be a close contact of the individual was contacted and instructed to isolate. Risk to others present or working in the zones is considered very low
As per exposure criteria established by Alberta Health, “close contacts” include those who:
- provided direct care or who had other similar close physical contact without consistent and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE), OR
- lived with or otherwise had close prolonged contact (i.e., for more than 15 min and within two metres) with a case without consistent and appropriate use of PPE and not isolating OR
- had direct contact with infectious body fluids of a case (e.g., was coughed or sneezed on) while not wearing recommended PPE.
Individuals on campus should take precautions in all spaces, and work under the assumption that an infection is possible. Please continue to take measures to prevent the spread of COVID while inside and outside of the workplace. This means taking steps to protect yourself and others by practicing good hygiene, physical distancing and monitoring for symptoms.
|COVID-19 MOST RECENT CAMPUS EXPOSURE (CASES)|
|0-3 Days Ago||4-7 Days Ago||8-14 Days Ago||Total|
|Kinesiology Block A||1||1|
|Taylor Institute||1||1||Craigie Hall||1||1|
|Mathematical Sciences||1||1||Engineering Complex - A block||1||1|
|Total Cases on Campus||1||4||5|
No cases have currently been contracted on-campus.
Details of COVID-19 cases on campus
CURRENT COVID-19 CASES ON CAMPUS
Oct. 22 notification: Kinesiology A. Read more.
Oct. 22 notification: Biological Sciences and Social Sciences. Read more
Oct. 16 notification: EEL building. Read more.
Oct. 15 notification: Engineering Complex and Taylor Institute. Read more.
Oct. 15 notification: Multiple buildings. Read more.
PAST COVID-19 CASES ON CAMPUS (since Sept 30)
If you feel unwell while on campus please follow these COVID-19 procedures