Recent COVID-19 cases reported on campus.
A positive COVID-19 case in a zone means that an individual either worked, attended class or otherwise spent a significant amount of time in this zone. One case might span more than one zone.
If you feel unwell while on campus please follow these COVID-19 procedures
COVID-19 positive cases
Here is the most recent campus exposure information by number of cases in various zones.
(There were no COVID-19 cases on campus within the last 14 days.)
In cases where there are positive cases on campus the following actions are taken:
- Areas occupied by the individual during infectious period were contained, cleaned and disinfected
- Contact tracing was conducted by AHS with support from the University and anyone determined to be a close contact of the individual was contacted and instructed to isolate (no close contacts were identified in the two recent cases). Risk to others present or working in the zones is considered very low
As per exposure criteria established by Alberta Health, “close contacts” include those who:
- provided direct care or who had other similar close physical contact without consistent and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE), OR
- lived with or otherwise had close prolonged contact (i.e., for more than 15 min and within two metres) with a case without consistent and appropriate use of PPE and not isolating OR
- had direct contact with infectious body fluids of a case (e.g., was coughed or sneezed on) while not wearing recommended PPE.
Individuals on campus should take precautions in all spaces, and work under the assumption that an infection is possible. Please continue to take measures to prevent the spread of COVID while inside and outside of the workplace. This means taking steps to protect yourself and others by practicing good hygiene, physical distancing and monitoring for symptoms.
Last updated: July 31, 2020, 4:30 p.m.
|COVID-19 MOST RECENT CAMPUS EXPOSURE (CASES)|
|0-3 Days Ago||4-7 Days Ago||8-14 Days Ago||Total|
|Foothills Campus – Zone 1A|
|Spy Hill Campus – Zone 1B|
|Main Campus – Zone 2A|
|Main Campus – Zone 2B|
|Main Campus – Zone 3A|
|Main Campus – Zone 3B|
|Main Campus – Zone 4|
|Main Campus – Zone 5A|
|Main Campus – Zone 5B|
|Main Campus – Zone 6|
|Downtown Campus & SAPL|
|Total Cases on Campus|
Of the above cases, 0 are currently thought to have been contracted on-campus. All are thought to have been acquired somewhere other than the University of Calgary.