Site Navigation
Important Notice and Disclaimer
Academic Schedule
Types of Credentials and Sub-Degree Nomenclature
Undergraduate Degrees with a Major
Combined Degrees
Minor Programs
Student and Campus Services
A.1 Classification of Students
A.2 Undergraduate Admission
A.3 Deadline Dates for Undergraduate Applications for Admission and Supporting Documents
A.4 General Admission Procedures
A.4.1 Application for Admission
A.4.2 Application Fee
A.4.3 Supporting Documents
A.4.4 Admission Deposit
A.4.5 Deferral of Admission
A.4.6 Finalizing Admission
A.4.7 Alternate Admission Offers
A.5 Undergraduate Admission Requirements
A.6 Required to Withdraw and Suspended Students
A.7 Home-Schooled Applicants
A.8 Special Admission Categories
A.9 Diverse Qualifications Admission Process
A.10 Combined or Concurrent Degree Admissions
A.11 English Language Proficiency
A.12 Transfer Credit/Advanced Standing
A.13 Admission Appeals
A.14 Admission to Open Studies (Degree holder and Non-Degree holder)
Academic Regulations
Experiential Learning
Tuition and General Fees
Student Financial Support
Architecture, Planning and Landscape, School of
Faculty of Arts
Cumming School of Medicine
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing
Qatar Faculty
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Werklund School of Education
Embedded Certificates
Continuing Education
About the University of Calgary
Glossary of Terms
Contact Us
Summary of Changes for the 2023-2024 Calendar
University of Calgary Calendar 2023-2024 Admissions A.4 General Admission Procedures A.4.1 Application for Admission
A.4.1 Application for Admission

An undergraduate Application for Admission must be completed by students who wish to be admitted to an undergraduate program. The Application for Admission is available online at

The University of Calgary participates in the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS). When an application is completed through the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS), students authorize the University of Calgary to request transcripts on their behalf from Alberta Education and other participating Alberta institutions.

Students who wish to enter the Faculties of Graduate Studies, Law, Veterinary Medicine, Doctor of Medicine Program or the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape can access the application from the specific faculty website.

Students who wish to register as Visiting, Exchange or Open Studies students must complete the online application form available at:

Students who leave the University of Calgary to attend another post-secondary institution or have not attended the University of Calgary for 12 months or more (see section B. Registration), must apply for admission. Students who have attended another post-secondary institution must provide official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Alberta students who complete an application through the Alberta Post-Secondary Application System (APAS), authorize the University of Calgary to request transcripts on their behalf from Alberta Education and other participating Alberta institutions.

Any student who applied for admission to the University, but never attended, must complete a new Application for Admission and submit official transcripts. Previously submitted documents will be destroyed after a period of one year.

Students who have been suspended, expelled or required to withdraw from a faculty should refer to section A.6 (Required to Withdraw and Suspended Students) for further information.

Incomplete applications or those submitted without the application fee will not be processed. Complete applications must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the application deadline to be considered. The University accepts no responsibility for denials of admission based on the failure of applicants who do not complete their application in a timely manner.

Students should apply as early as possible. It is not advisable to wait until test scores and/or final high school results are received.