Oct. 20, 2021
2022 University of Calgary Teaching Awards call for nominations includes new category: Award for Indigenous Ways of Knowing
I am pleased to announce the launch of the 2022 University of Calgary Teaching Awards. Since 2014, the Teaching Awards have celebrated outstanding contributions to teaching and learning by our faculty, staff and graduate students.
This year, I am excited to share that we have developed a new award category — the Award for Indigenous Ways of Knowing. Building on the foundations of the University of Calgary’s Indigenous Strategy, ii’ taa’poh’to’p, this award recognizes the outstanding contributions of any individual or group who has advanced Indigenous ways of knowing and supported reconciliation, decolonization, Indigenous engagement and transformation in academic courses and programs.
It has never been more important to recognize the incredible efforts of educators across our university community to deliver meaningful learning experiences in classroom, blended and online contexts.
The awards recognize excellence in diverse learning contexts, by individuals and teams, and through curriculum design and educational leadership. There are 14 award categories, including group and individual awards:
- Award for Continuing and Professional Education
- Award for Curriculum Development
- Award for Educational Leadership (Group and Individual)
- Award for Experiential Learning
- Award for Full-Time Academic Staff
- Award for Graduate Assistants (Teaching)
- Award for Graduate Supervision
- Award for Indigenous Ways of Knowing (Group and Individual)
- Award for Librarians, Archivists and Curators
- Award for Non-Academic Staff (Group and Individual)
- Award for Sessional Instructors
- Award for Blended and Online Learning
- Award for Team Teaching
- Award for Work-Integrated Learning
A University of Calgary Teaching Award is a distinguished honour for members of our university community who, through their commitment and expertise, create deep and lasting learning experiences. I encourage you to nominate your colleagues for these awards. The nomination deadline is March 3, 2022.
Your efforts in support of student learning are genuinely appreciated — thank you! This program allows us to recognize those efforts, and the individuals and groups who do so much to help our students thrive during their academic journey. Read more about the awards and how to prepare a nomination.
Provost and Vice-President (Academic)