Nov. 3, 2020
2021 University of Calgary Internationalization Achievement Awards call for nominations
UCalgary's students, staff, faculty, community members and programs have enhanced internationalization on campus and beyond. Internationalization includes research, teaching and learning and community engagement done by the UCalgary community on a global scale, as well as offering opportunities to study abroad and accepting international students.
The Internationalization Achievement Awards showcase outstanding contributions that have moved UCalgary forward in its institutional commitment to excellence and leadership in internationalization. The event celebrates the considerable time and effort necessary for successful international contributions led by the UCalgary community, and are a glowing testimony of what’s possible when we collaborate around the world.
Do you know of someone from UCalgary who has advanced internationalization either at the University of Calgary or elsewhere? If so, nominate them for a University of Calgary Internationalization Achievement Award.
Nominate a UCalgary community member for one of the six award categories:
- International Program Award (one award)
- Community Member Award (one award)
- Academic Staff Award (two awards)
- Staff Award (two awards)
- Student Award (four awards)
- Career Achievement Award (two awards)
The following criteria will be used to determine the eligibility of those nominated:
- Increasing diversity of our campus communities
- Improving global and cross-cultural competencies within our campus communities
- Enhancing opportunities for international collaborations and partnerships in research and education
- Leveraging our unique areas of expertise to engage in international development
The awards will be presented at the Internationalization Achievement Awards virtual celebration event in April 2021.
The deadline to submit your nomination is Nov. 30, 2020.
For more information, nomination forms and terms of reference, visit the UCalgary International website.