Oct. 3, 2018
2019 University of Calgary Teaching Awards call for nominations
A message from Provost and Vice-President (Academic) Dru Marshall
I'm pleased to announce the launch of the 2019 University of Calgary Teaching Awards program. Since 2014, the University of Calgary Teaching Awards have recognized and celebrated outstanding contributions to teaching and learning by our faculty, staff and graduate students.
The awards recognize excellence in diverse learning contexts, by individuals and teams, and through curriculum design and educational leadership. There are 13 award categories, including group and individual awards:
- Award for Continuing and Professional Education
- Award for Curriculum Development
- Award for Educational Leadership (Group)
- Award for Educational Leadership (Individual)
- Award for Experiential Learning Initiatives
- Award for Full-Time Academic Staff
- Award for Graduate Assistants (Teaching)
- Award for Graduate Supervision
- Award for Librarians, Archivists and Curators
- Award for Non-Academic Staff (Group)
- Award for Non-Academic Staff (Individual)
- Award for Sessional Instructors
- Award for Teaching in Online Environments
- Award for Team Teaching
- Award for Workplace-Integrated Education
A University of Calgary Teaching Award is a distinguished honour for members of our university community who, through their commitment and expertise, create deep and lasting learning experiences. Recipients will be celebrated at our annual Celebration of Teaching event on April 3, 2019. Nominations for these awards are due January 23, 2019.
Your efforts in support of student learning are genuinely appreciated – thank you! This program allows us to recognize those efforts, and the individuals and groups who do so much to help our students thrive during their academic journey. I encourage you to nominate your colleagues for these awards. Read more about the awards and how to prepare a nomination.
Provost and Vice-President (Academic)