Intercultural Capacity Building Grants
Are you a student, faculty or staff member with a big idea that would help to Indigenize our campus?
Apply for a grant of up to $10,000.
Applications for 2021 are due by June 1.
How to apply
Applications for the next cycle of funding close June 1, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Open to current UCalgary students, post-docs, academic staff, non-academic staff, business/service units and faculties.
Download and fill out the application form.
Submit your completed and signed application to the Office of the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Engagement)
Contact Carol Gelette, executive assistant to the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Engagement) by email or call 403.220.3790
Rules and regulations
- Eligibility: This competition is open to current University of Calgary students (registered in full-time undergraduate or graduate credit programs), post-doctoral scholars, academic staff, non-academic staff, business/service units, and faculties. Impact in intercultural capacity building of students, faculty and staff.
- Proposal Submission: Applicants must submit the application form by 11:59 p.m. on June 1, 2021. Appropriate APA citation (and active links) should be applied data sources, supportive research discourse and best-practice programs. The Office of the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Engagement) will acknowledge receipt of proposals via email by June 15, 2021.
- Rights and Permissions: Activity or annual reports may be shared for reporting purposes both internally and externally in relation to the Indigenous Strategy, ii’ taa’poh’to’p.
- Copyright: Any submitted material must comply with University of Calgary copyright regulations. This includes videos, images, music etc. Please visit http://library.ucalgary.ca/copyright for more information regarding compliance procedures.
- Adjudication: A selection committee will be appointed by the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Engagement) to review all project proposals and evaluate their alignment to the principles and recommendations of ii’ taa’poh’to’p and potential impact on the campus community with respect to intercultural capacity-building.
- Ethics: If the project proposed includes the collection of information or data from people for research purposes, then ethics approval may be required. If this is the case, please attach a copy of the ethics application, followed by proof of ethics approval. For more information about the ethics application process, please refer to the Ethics and Compliance website.
- Grants: The successful applications will be announced on Aug. 31, 2021. A maximum of up to $10,000 will be awarded to any single project. The program year for implementation is Sept. 1, 2021 to Aug. 31, 2022. Successful applicants will receive grant funds on or before Sept. 1, 2021, and will have until Aug. 31, 2022, to expend funds and complete project activities as outlined in proposal submissions. Any unspent funding from the grant shall be returned to the Office of the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Engagement) so that it may be reallocated to the next grant cycle.
- Grant Recognition: Projects funded in part or in full by the ii’ taa’poh’to’p grant should be appropriately acknowledged in forthcoming marketing and communications materials, using approved University of Calgary branding and ii’ taa’poh’to’p imagery. For appropriate use of the ii’ taa’poh’to’p imagery, please consult University Relations.