All graduates become members of the University of Calgary Alumni Association – the official community of UCalgary alumni at home and around the world.
Your Association is led by the UCalgary Alumni Association Board of Directors – a group of dedicated volunteers – who undertake work to:
- Advise the university on matters related to alumni, and the development and execution of the alumni strategy;
- together with the university, develop and oversee systems, processes and programs to achieve the goals within the alumni strategy;
- develop a transparent and effective process to appoint alumni to the various positions specified by the university requiring alumni representation;
- work with the university to increase alumni recognition within the university and broader community;
- foster collaboration and community connections between alumni and the university’s research initiatives;
- build an environment in which alumni are supportive of the fundraising ambitions of the university; and
- engage in work and projects to help the University execute on the alumni strategy, where it is most beneficial for the work to be done by the board and not the university.
We believe that an engaged alumni population enhances the reputation of the university, contributes to the lives of our alumni, and reinforces the connection between the university and the community.
The 2013-16 Alumni Strategy guides the day-to-day operations of the UCalgary Alumni Program, led by Mark Sollis, Associate-Vice-President, Alumni, and UCalgary Alumni Staff.