The University of Calgary remains committed to offering support to students, faculty and staff who may be impacted by President Trump’s revised executive order to restrict travel from six countries to the United States.
In an effort to keep our entire campus community informed, the university is reviewing and assessing potential impacts of the revised executive order and will ensure that students, faculty and staff, including international students and scholars, can continue their studies, teaching and research.
All students, faculty and staff who are currently travelling abroad and have concerns about being able to cross the U.S. border should contact Risk Management directly at email@example.com; in the case of an emergency you can contact Campus Security 24-hours a day collect at 403-220-5333.
International students who have concerns or questions please contact International Student Services at 403-220-5581 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who plan/were planning to study abroad please email email@example.com or call 403-220-5581.
For those who are in Calgary and have to change/cancel travel plans, or if you have questions/concerns regarding potential issues faced if you travel to the U.S. please reach out for assistance through the following contacts:
- Undergraduate students please contact the Office of Student Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 220-6580
- Graduate students please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies at email@example.com or (403) 220-4938
- Postdocs please contact the Postdoc Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 210-9104
- Faculty please reach out directly to your dean
- Staff please reach out directly to your manager/supervisor
For information related directly to the revised Executive Order and travel to the U.S. click here
To those in our community who are impacted by the U.S. travel ban and are looking for emotional support, including counselling services, please see below.
- Students can access services through the Faith and Spirituality Centre (email@example.com or 403-220-5451), SU Wellness Centre (403-210-9355, Option #2).
- Staff can access services through Homewood Health (1-800-663-1142 or www.homeweb.ca ).
It is important to remember that during these uncertain times the University of Calgary will do its utmost to reassure and support those potentially affected by U.S. travel ban. As information is constantly changing, please be sure to visit our U.S. Travel Ban Information page.