TA Orientation day is a cross-disciplinary event open to all current and prospective University of Calgary Teaching Assistants. The day involves a number of interactive sessions which provide opportunities to reflect on the importance and value of teaching and TA excellence at UCalgary, and to develop confidence in your role.
By the end of the day, participants will be able to:
- characterize the qualities and practices that make for an excellent TA
- recognize the basic tenets of effective teaching
- begin to identify effective teaching and communication strategies
- access campus resources to assist you in your role
- build a positive peer TA network
Please note that this orientation does not replace TA training that may be offered in your department or faculty and this is not a mandatory event.
Registration is required. Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided. Please attend the FULL day. At the end of the day you will receive a formal letter of attendance issued by our unit.
This workshop can be used toward the 2017-2018 Emerging Teachers Development Program.
This is a My GradSkills endorsed workshop.