TA Orientation day is a cross-disciplinary event open to all current and prospective University of Calgary Teaching Assistants. The day involves a number of interactive sessions which provide opportunities to reflect on the importance and value of teaching and TA excellence at UCalgary, and to develop confidence in your role.
By the end of the day, participants will be able to:
- characterize the qualities and practices that make for an excellent TA
- recognize the basic tenets of effective teaching
- begin to identify effective teaching and communication strategies
- access campus resources to assist you in your role
- build a positive peer TA network
Please note that this orientation does not replace TA training that may be offered in your department or faculty.
Registration is required. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please attend the FULL day. At the end of the day you will receive a formal letter of attendance by our unit.
This workshop can be used toward the 2016-2017 Graduate Student Teaching Development Program.
Signups are now closed for the TA Orientation. You are welcome to attend at 8:30 am and if there is space then we will do our best to get you in. Otherwise, please consider the Winter 2017 TA Orientation on January 13 or some of our other Teaching Development workshops. Thank you!