University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Tax Information

Tuition Tax Receipts - T2202A

The Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (T2202A) is available through myUofC. Students are not required to include this form when filing their income tax, however it may be printed from the student portal for their records or to transfer credits to a third party.

Alternatively, you may request the T2202A tax form by submitting a written request via fax, mail or email to Enrolment Services. Requests must include:

  • your full legal name
  • UCID number
  • date of birth; and,
  • signature

Unless otherwise specified, your tax form will be sent to the mailing address listed on file as visible in the online Student Centre.  Please ensure your contact information is current.

Please Note: Tax forms cannot be faxed, and can only be e-mailed to a student's @ucalgary e-mail address.

UPass Tax Receipts

Whether filing the tax return by paper or online, transit receipts are not required at the time of filing. However, copies of receipts and transit passes may be required if Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requests them at a later date. Additional information on claiming transit passes can be found from the Canada Revenue Agency.

Should the CRA require a copy of your UPass receipt, you may obtain a copy by submitting a written request via fax or mail to Enrolment Services. Requests must include:

  • your full legal name
  • UCID Number
  • date of birth; and,
  • written signature

If you would like your UPass receipt to be sent by fax, please provide a fax number with your request. Alternately, your UPass receipt can be sent to the mailing address on file as visible in the online Student Centre. Please ensure your contact information is current. Processing is estimated at 3-5 business days.

Helpful Canada Revenue Agency Links

For clarification regarding full or part time status with respect to your taxes please contact the Canada Revenue Agency at

Student Donation Tax Receipt

Students can now view/print their official donation tax receipts online.  

To access your donation tax receipts electronically from your Student Centre select the “My Student Donation Receipt” link in the Quick Links section on the right of your screen. Please note you must be on the student dashboard view to see the “My Student Donation Receipt” under the Quick Links section.

If you are unable to access the donation tax receipt, or would like a copy of past donation tax receipts, please contact the Development Office at 403 210 6239, or

T4A Instruction for Students: 

Instructions regarding providing consent to receive your T4/T4A form electronically through myUofC are available here.


Q: What if I have a hold for fees on my account from that calendar year?

A: Students owing fees for the tax year in which they need a T2202A can print their tax receipt from the online Student center. However, the T2202A will show only the amounts PAID, and will not reflect any fees which have not been paid from that calendar year. Not all fees paid are tax deductible, however. Please refer to Claiming Tuition Fees & the Education Amount for more information.

Q: I have already graduated. How do I get my tax receipt?

A: Students still have access to the MyUofC portal even after graduation as long as they remember their eID and password. For help recovering your eID or password, please contact the IT help desk at 403-220-5555.

Q: I've never created an eID, what do I do?

A: You can register for an EID (you will need your UCID for this) through this link. If you have your UCID and are still having problems registering for an EID, contact our IT help desk at: 403-220-5555.

Your UCID can be requested by contacting Enrolment Services at 403-210-7625. To protect your information, you will be required to answer a series of questions before your UCID will be released. Please note, if an advisor cannot successfully verify your identity, you may need to submit a written request for your UCID. To request your UCID in writing, fax Enrolment Services at 403-289-1253. Include your full legal name, date of birth and signature. Once this information is verified, your UCID can be returned by fax or to the email in your student record.

Q: I have an approved Graduate Studies payment plan, how does this affect my T2202A?

A: The T2202A is based on payments made in the calendar/tax year assessment of Jan 1 - Dec 31st. If your payment plan covers multiple terms, only the amount of fees paid in the calendar/tax year will be listed on the T2202A. Once the remaining fees have been paid, Graduate Students will need to contact Enrolment Services directly to receive an updated T2202A based on all fees paid in the calendar/tax year. To verify your assessment and payments, visit your Student Centre Finances section: “Account Inquiry and Payments.”