Aug 21 2012 (All day) - Aug 26 2012 (All day)
Join our inspiring and knowledgeable biologists for multi-day educational workshops at the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, a marine field campus, part of the University of Calgary. Expeditions include:
* Offshore and coastal boat trips to view local wildlife, including seals, sea lions and black bears.
* Chance sightings of humpback whales, gray whales, harbour porpoises and orcas
* Fabulous bird sightings, including bald eagles, black oystercatchers, loons, auks, and other nearshore seabirds
* Guided hiking trips through towering coastal rainforest to pristine beaches and rocky shores teeming with life
* Evening lectures with a focus on local species.
The Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre is owned and operated (in part) by the University of Calgary. For information about us and our programs, please see: http://www.bms.bc.ca