Making a difference
This week 20 faculty and staff, nominated by their colleagues, will receive 'U Make A Difference' awards at the University's annual Recognition Awards Reception.
"The 'U Make A Difference' award program has helped to promote and support a culture of recognition at the U of C for the past four years," says Rob Armstrong, associate vice-president of Human Resources. "This program provides the opportunity for faculty and staff to formally recognize each other's efforts and contributions."
Recipients of 'U Make A Difference' awards have been nominated by their peers for consistently going above and beyond and demonstrating excellence in the areas of: Leadership, Recognition, Wellness, Positive Work Environment, Customer Service, Student Experience, Learning Environment, Partnership and Teamwork, and Change Management.
'U Make A Difference' award recipients will be honoured at the Recognition Awards Reception, April 29, along with 15 and 25 year pin recipients for long-service recognition.
Congratulations to the 2010 'U Make A Difference' Award recipients:
To find out more about recognition at the U of C, visit: www.ucalgary.ca/recognition/
- Susan Austen, Parking Services
- Lindsay Bradshaw, Population Health Intervention Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine
- Andrea Cortes, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, Schulich School of Engineering
- Mimi Daniel, Communication and Culture, Faculty of Arts
- Tammy Flanders, Libraries and Cultural Resources
- Paul Gajda, Office of Operations, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Donald Jantz, Faculty of Humanities
- Fazeela Kayyum, University of Calgary International
- Karen Knoll Williams, Department of Civil Engineering, Schulich School of Engineering
- Martha Loeman, Graduate Division of Educational Research, Faculty of Education
- Trika Macdonald, Human Resources
- Dr. Sandy Murphree, Faculty of Science
- Anne Nazareth Gracias, Faculty of Nursing
- Olga Ruff, Art Store, Department of Art
- Don Saklofske, Faculty of Education
- Sharon Shwed, Faculty of Medicine
- Carol Taylor, Department of French, Italian and Spanish, Faculty of Arts
- Chris Turner, Supply Chain Management
- Dr. Richard Walker, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science
- Ella Wensel, Political Science, Faculty of Arts